Sunday, June 3, 2012

Almost Done

I think I am getting pretty close to done.
I will need to look at it off and on during the week to see what things jump out to me.
I want to be careful not to over work it.
I'm to the point of thinking about the edge molding frame and what color it should be or if it should be stained. I am thinking a black would be nice and tie in with the light fixture that will hang above the painting.   I'm also trying to determine how best to hang it on the brick wall in the entry way.  I found some brick hangers that might work, if we went with those I could attach hooks to the back of the painting. The other option would be to leave holes that the molding frame would cover. That mean more assembly on their end. I kind of like the first option because that way it is completely done and just needs hooks or wires to slip over the brick hangers.

My mom was at my house for the weekend and it was fun to have her sit with me and say you need to add a shadow here or some depth over here. Little by little we worked on various areas of the painting. It was fun.

 Got rid of the the green lines around the sun and went with more of a bronze accents on the sun rays.

Did the sky since I last posted

 I worked today on the red buildings windows trying to give them more dimension. I may go back and add in a cat but at this point I am leaning towards leaving them alone.

I spent a lot of time refining and developing the various people in the scene. Some of them are ment to represent  members of Eleanore's family. I will leave that to her to say who's who.
I worked on the stone on the bridge and added texture and tried to give it more of a rock like feel by adding shadows and hi lights.

Then I went back and added shadows through out the painting. I may still add some more but I need to stop at this point and look at it later with fresh eyes.

One could go on a scavenger hunt to try and find my models for all the various things found in the painting. They are not all in one place some where on the San Antonio River Walk.
The doors and the awning of the building were lifted from photos of buildings here in Spokane.  Since I've never actually been to San Antonio I had to rely on photos that I found on the internent. I used a bit of this and a bit of that and it reminds me a bit of Dick Van Dikes side walk art. "Its a jolly holiday with Margot.." It was may favorite movie as a kid and I can still sing all the words to most of the songs. It ran neck and neck with the Sound of Music. Anyway this painting has the feel of a wonderful day that I would love to find myself in.
In case you are wondering, I would be the girl with the guitar.  Here's a link to some of the rough recordings of some of my favorite songs if you are interested. http://devotionals-margot.blogspot.com/p/my-music-room.html 

No comments: