Sunday, May 6, 2012

River Walk - Supplies and Getting Started

I decided to go shopping for supplies at Hobby Lobby. I had checked the prices of one of the local art shops on line and decided money would go farther at Hobby Lobby.

I have not shopped their art supplies previously. I am usually there to get jewelry findings and the glaze that I use for my small mosaic projects.
I was very pleased by the selection and the prices.

Yippee the paint was on sale too!



These are the colors I selected. I could have just gone with Black, White, Red, Yellow and Blue and mixed colors. The sale made it possible to just get the colors I wanted in the big tubes. 

Here's what I came home with brushes, Gesso, UV Varnish Spray, and paints. 
   I decided to work on this project in my Studio 2 space. I was able to procure an easel from my friend Donnie's collection of treasures.
 Even got Donnie to cut my board to size for me. He has better wood cutting tools than me.



  Since this is an out door project I have sealed it with several coats of Thompson Water Seal.
Kind of drippy.
 Waiting for the Water Seal to dry.
 I have used about 3 coats of Gesso to prepare the surface for painting.
 At this point I'm calling this piece.... Polar Bear in a Snow Storm.


Well I'm Organized for the moment, anyway.










No comments: