Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Extruding Paint Experiments


 Yesterday in one of the books I found the idea of extruding paint. So I made this note of what I wanted to try to do.

I had a little bit of time to play this morning with the idea today between work and teaching.








I have lots of little bags and I use them for glue in the same manor for my mosaic projects. Its so much easier than squeezing a big bottle or tube. So This is my frist attempts.
 Maybe a bit more bright and contrasty than I had in mind.
 Wonder what green would look like?
Oh and maybe some yellow dots.
Clearly I'm getting carried away with the endless possibilities.

I mixed a slightly lighter gold than the base shade for this one then added the yellow dots.
And maybe use green outlines.
This is my favorite combination. Its adds cool texture but is a bit more understated then the other options.



 So this was my plate of experimentation.
Guess I will wait to here what Eleanore thinks of these options. 



So what do you think blog followers.
What would you do?
I'd love to hear your comments.

I still don't know what I will do but I had fun experimenting with this acrylic painting technique.

2 comments:

jtbmetaldesigns said...

I just made some loopy lacing. If you use student grade paints, you need to thicken them with a gloss media. The media I use is like warm butter in consistency. Next project is to lay down a flat skin and doodle on it like you did.

Margot said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Jtbmetaldesigns.