Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home Art Studio & Projects

 
In my in between big projects with all the discombobulated feelings that go along with not knowing what is next. Its an uncertain place and usually its just one thing that ends and most of the rest of my life is the same. Currently I've had a number of things come to their completion - which is good. The hard part that taken all together at the same time it has magnified those discombobulated feelings.
In the mean time I have done some cleaning and organizing. My work area is much more functional.


I love that I can see all my paint colors and won't have to rummage through a basket or drawer to find them. Plus I can tell if I have colors that I am missing and want to try and get at some point.

I still need to finish the key painting. I don't like the green grass. Plus right lower part of the key that you are looking through is too dark. Its getting close - I am probably stalling on finishing it because it would add another thing to the list of things that have come to a completion. I guess it gives me something that I know I need to do for the moment.

Communion Goblet

Communion Set in process.
I've got three of these communion sets that I have just started working on. These are small projects and the weirdness is not there upon finishing them like it is on bigger projects that are part of my life for a longer time period. These will not be grouted but most likely glazed with a super hard epoxy glaze like they use on counter tops. I think I need to use that rather than the regular dimensional glaze the I use on smaller jewelry projects. I want these to be able to be hand washed and I think the epoxy process will be better for that purpose.
I have three of these communion sets that I plan on doing between now and Christmas. 

All in all in this odd in between place I'm ok because I know what it is - I have experienced it in the past. Its a good time to rest, pray, read books, clean and wait for the next batch of inspiration and direction.  In my last post I was pondering ways to avoid those feelings. I am thinking however that they might be necessary and part of the process that I just need to accept.

No comments: