Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Angel

A is for Angel

Well I decided I would do the A - Z blogging challenge for two of my blogs. The other is A Devotional Mosaic http://devotionals-margot.blogspot.com/
This one gets a bit neglected so I thought I would use this challenge as an opportunity to post past past mosaic projects and perhaps some tips and techniques.
I intend to keep my comments sort but if you have questions feel free to comment and I will do my best to respond to your questions.

This is one of the first large mosaics that I did. I entered it the Delphi Glass Festival in 2007 and won third place in the mosaic category. Here's the link to the past winners gallery.

All the glass is hand nipped and glued into place and then grouted. There are bronze metal stars in the center of each starburst in the background. This project took me most of one winter to complete.

No comments: