Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Crosses

 Not all my mosaic projects are big projects like the Angel or the Beloved Project. I spend a fair amount of my time on smaller projects like theses crosses. I can usually complete this size project in one sitting. I use Italian glass millifiori and bits of hand nipped stained glass. These projects are not grouted but covered with a clear glaze.

Sometimes I take a project of this size and add it to a beautiful frame like the one below. Actually it is the green cross from the first picture that I used in the frame. I simply cut off the ring for hanging it on a necklace.

The cross pendants come on a black cord with silver tone findings. All of these items in these photos have been sold but I could do similar commission pieces. Keeping in mind that every project is unique. The cost for similar projects is $22.50 The framed version in this case was about $20.00 additional. 

You can purchase many of my finished projects at http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/MM-Fractured-Designs







1 comment:

Andrea Boring said...

Stopping by from A to Z. These are absolutely beautiful! I will definitely be checking out that shop of yours.
xoxo
Andrea
http://twins-happen.com